Department of IT
As a field of study that deals with collecting, compiling and converting raw information into useful data, Information Technology has emerged as one of the most sought after branches of engineering in today’s world. Information Technology focuses on utilizing computers and telecommunications in order to control, gather, store and circulate information. In view of the rapid advancements in the field of IT, the Department of Information Technology has formulated the following objectives:
- To provide exposure to the latest trends in the field of Information Technology.
- To equip students with practical knowledge to devise solutions to digital problems.
- To facilitate the betterment of the students through state-of-the-art laboratories and qualified faculty.
- To equip students with organizational and management skills.
- To instill ethical and moral principles in the students.
The Department of Information Technology is endowed with state-of-the-art laboratories, seminar halls and classrooms towards fulfilling these objectives.
Career Opportunities Recent trends like online shopping, digital marketing, social networking, digital communication, cloud computing, Mobile, and big data for solving many social and business problems have highlighted the need for graduates who are experts in IT. The IT experts take up various roles such as ERP, Network analyst, system administrator, software engineer etc.., in several PSUs and private organizations.
The graduates can opt for immediate employment through placements or higher education through advanced courses such as M.Tech or Masters of Science (MS) across India or abroad for various advanced computing courses.